Does your little one enjoy writing?
Sam Hay, author of the Undead Pets series of books, has partnered with cartridgesave.co.uk to stage a writing competition, which is open to children aged between 4 and 11.
The competition involves your child writing a short story (less than 200 words) or poem inspired by winter or Christmas.
The top 50 entries from across the UK will be published in a special free to download e-book, released in December 2015. In addition, one overall winner will receive £1,500 for their school to spend on books or writing equipment, with two runners up prizes of £250, plus bag themselves a stocking packed with festive treats worth £50.
Children, parents and teachers can get hints and tips from Sam Hay, plus full details of how to enter at www.cartridgesave.co.uk/writechristmas.
Why not get your child involved and help them not only unlock their creative side but also help their school
● The competition has three categories: 4 – 6, 7 – 9 and 10 – 11
● The will be one overall winner across all categories. The winning school will receive £1,500 to spend on books or writing materials and the winning child will receive a goody bag worth £50.
● Two runners up will win £250 for their school to spend on books or writing materials, as well as a £50 goody bag each.
● The top 50 entries from across the categories will be selected to appear in the e-book.
● Poems and short stories (less than 200 words) must be entered by a caregiver, parent or teacher, who can give permission for the story, name and age of the child to be included in the book.
● The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Closing date for entries is 4 December 2015.by