July was a very busy month with finishing work, my birthday & our little man arriving (more on that soon!)
I’m writing this post a few days before his arrival to try & be prepared
So how did I get on with my July list?
- I am finishing work for maternity leave, I want to make sure I leave everything finished & do a proper handover for whilst I am off – DONE! I DID AS MUCH AS I COULD & I’M STILL IN CONTACT WITH MY BOSS FOR ANY EMERGENCIES
- I have my baby shower the weekend I finish work, I’m looking forward to a lovely afternoon with my friends & my mum – DONE! WE HAD A GREAT AFTERNOON, EVERYONE SEEMED TO HAVE FUN
- It’s my birthday!! I don’t expect a big fuss with little man’s arrival imminent but I’d like to go for a nice afternoon tea or something on my birthday & maybe for a nice meal with my best friend – DONE! I WENT FOR A LOVELY AFTERNOON TEA WITH MY FRIEND & MY BROTHER CAME DOWN TO VISIT FOR THE WEEK SO WE WENT FOR A LOVELY LUNCH
- My nesting mode is kicking in, I’ve got some ideas for cleaning & tidying before little man comes – DONE! WE HAD A GOOD TIDY & I PAINTED THE SCUFFS ON THE WALL
- To make the most of this time before little man comes & rest when possible – DONE, KIND OF! I DID FIND IT REALLY HARD TO START WITH TO RELAX, I’M USED TO BEING REALLY BUSY
- Spend quality time with Mini M – DONE! WE HAD FUN AT THE SEA LIFE CENTRE & IN THE GARDEN
- Hopefully, all being well, little man will arrive this month – DONE (I HOPE!) – MORE ON HIS BIRTH STORY COMING SOON
So what do I want to achieve in August?
- Our biggest focus will be our littlest man – getting used to our new addition
- I really hope I can breastfeed
- My grandad is 90 this month & the family are having a big meal, I’m hoping we can go but it depends on little man
- Have fun as a family of 4
- Do some research into schools for Mini M, I can’t believe next summer he will be going to school!
Not a big list this month but I’m sure it’ll be a busy one